Sunday, July 3, 2011

162 - 164 Fun Things to Do!



162. Take pictures of signs that make you laugh. Many years ago, I had a friend who was very sick, and I was so frustrated because I couldn't think of anything that would help him in any meaningful way. So I started taking pictures of weird signs all over N.E. Ohio and turning them into postcards and sending them to him. It gave me something to do and it gave him something to laugh about. I was driving to church today when I saw this sign that said, "We Fix Everything" -- and I thought, broken hearts? terminal illnesses? unexpected weather problems? economic issues? job loss? I had a really good laugh over that one! Then on the way home, I saw a sign in front of a grade school that said, "Gone Fishing - Have a Fun Summer" -- what a fun image of everyone in the school out fishing at some giant lake -- the students, teachers, custodians, secretaries! One time I saw a sign in front of a restaurant that said, "My Boss Told Me to Change This Sign So I Did!" Hooray for the sign makers who lighten our days!

163. Attend a groundbreaking. This morning at church, Unity Chapel of Light, we had a groundbreaking for our new outdoor labyrinth. It will be so amazing to have a labyrinth to walk for prayer and meditation. Some people just walk it for calm and peace. Thank you to Pilar and all the people who are working so hard to make this marvelous addition to our church come true!

164. Walk a labyrinth. We are lucky in our area to have an outdoor labyrinth (soon to be two!) and a monthly indoor labyrinth. You might check in your area to find one close to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment