Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Makes You Smile?

The other day I was watching a mother push her baby in a stroller and I was thinking about how babies always make me smile. Just the sight of a baby's face can lift my spirits immediately, and if they smile at me, then I am a complete fool. So I decided to make a list of things that make me smile. My list includes puppies or kittens playing, a beautiful flower, any sunrise or sunset, robins in the Spring (and the way they hop around), people dancing -- especially at a wedding, an older couple holding hands, a younger couple holding hands, children holding hands, anyone holding hands, a nice big avocado, sock monkeys, and more! I really loved making my list because it made me realize how many things make me smile! I am going to post it somewhere so it can bring a smile to my face often.

I also appreciate it when a stranger smiles at me with a really big smile, just in passing, giving me a gift of acknowledgement and kindness. Smiles make me so grateful for the connections we have with each other. Even smiling when you are alone is a wonderful way to brighten your life at no personal expense! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I make myself smile when I am driving in traffic and am getting a little stressed. I figure the other drivers are stressed too and I want to spread good vibes so I smile and hope that they see me smiling and realize someone is trying to increase joy in the world.

    ReplyDelete