Saturday, May 14, 2011

128 - Walk for a Cause!



Our daughter, Maribeth, walked this morning in a Hope Walk to raise money for Stewart's Caring Place in Akron, Ohio, which provides support, activities, and loving understanding to people who are touched by cancer. She walked in memory of Mary-Ann Blasio, a dear friend who passed fairly recently from cancer. Maribeth has been walking for miles in all kinds of weather to train for this walk. She was determined to walk, rain or shine. The walk was 2.3 miles and included hundreds of people, including babies and dogs, in a touching march

of determination. Maribeth was joined by her friend, Judy on the left. I wanted to surprise Maribeth at the last minute and join her for the walk, so I had been secretly training, but a stress fracture put me on the sidelines. Her Dad and I waved fluorescent signs of encouragement and to honor Mary-Ann. I am so proud of Maribeth, who raised over $500.00, and also of every single participant in today's amazing walk. I am also proud of Stewart's Caring Place, which is an amazing resource for our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment