Tuesday, September 6, 2011

213 - 217 Fun Things to Do


213. Have a slow/busy day! This weekend was hectic, and today is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. with lots of work responsibilities and a Zentangle (zentangle.com) class. It will be a great day, but a busy one, and while I was in the shower, I was trying to figure out how to get everything done without feeling overwhelmed. So today will involve classical music, cups of tea, reading break, perhaps a short walk and whatever little snippets of calm and peaceful short activities I can sandwich into the busy busy busy.

214. Appreciate your shower! I don't know what it is about having water cascade down upon my head, but it often gives me ideas, eases my anxieties, or lifts my spirits somehow! I usually leave a shower invigorated in one way or another! Someone once asked me -- who is in the shower with you? I thought that was an unusual question until I realized that sometimes when we are worried about something, or someone, we think about those situations and people while we are in the shower. That simple question has helped me clear my shower out so I can have full enjoyment without the company of other people's words or worry about things over which I have no control. There are times, however, when the shower is the perfect place to come to unexpected solutions to problems that seemed unsurmountable before. Hooray for the shower!

215. Look at your baby pictures! We were all darling babies once and most of us have pictures to prove it. You might want to frame one of your childhood pictures, or even do a collage frame with several of them. Honor your babyhood!

216. Go to the drive-in movies. I hope you still have some in your area. What a fun thing to do on a summer's night! Pack up some goodies, fill up your car with friends, or have a romantic date, and head on out to the biggest screen of all!

217. Eat at a drive-in restaurant. Root beer stands and hamburger joints still have drive-in restaurants all over the country. It's fun to eat in your car, listen to some music, and enjoy the company of fellow car diners.

No comments:

Post a Comment