Friday, March 31, 2017

748 - 760 Fun Things to Do!



748 - Take a selfie with you and a friend while you are having a good time!  This is my friend, Diane, and we were at a Zentangle art exhibit at a local gallery.  She just moved to Florida, so I am especially glad to have this fun photo.

749 - Watch cartoons, on Saturday morning or any time at all!  My friend, Mary Ellen, was feeling a little stressed recently so she zoned into some cartoons for a few days.  They really helped lift her spirits and have some good laughs too!

750 - Watch some animation festivals on TV or in person.  Animation from all over the world is really interesting and often very unexpected.

751 - Go to an international film festival.  Most Hollywood films will seem boring compared to these artistic films.  Lots of cities in the United States host film festivals.  In New York, Robert DeNiro is co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival; in Colorado, Robert Redford founded and hosts the Sundance Film Festival; and there is a Cleveland International Film Festival.  If you have connections and a lot of money, you could even attend the Cannes Film Festival!


752 - Enjoy your Spring flowers indoor and out!  Last year I planted more daffodils and tulips.  Just knowing they would come up in the Spring made my Winter go a little easier.  In March we had a week of severe cold and snow so I was very apprehensive about my new flowers which were at least 6" tall  by the time they froze and were covered with snow.  But my flower happiness prevailed and I am enjoying flowering blooms all over the yard.  Hooray!!

753 - Pick a pen color and stick with it for a while.  Right now, turquoise is my favorite and I recently went through a streak of pens with purple ink.  There are so many kinds of pens available right now -- gels in all colors, glittery markers, multi-colored pens and more!

754 - Try writing with a fountain pen.  You can even get disposable ones in all kinds of colors!


The Mercer House

755 - Study before and after a vacation.  My husband, Tom, and I recently went to Savannah, Georgia.  Before we went, I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt which is a nonfiction account of Jim Williams, who was instrumental in the revival of the historic district.  We took a tour of the Mercer House, which was the last house he lived in.  There was a crime involved which is detailed in the book, but I don't want to ruin the story for you!  There was also a movie, "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" starring Kevin Spacey.  Now that we are home, I am reading Savannah's Jim Williams and His Southern Houses.  I would recommend visiting Savannah to anyone -- the architecture alone is worth the trip, but there are also many other interesting things to do like ghost walks, trolley rides, fabulous food, interesting people, river cruises, intriguing cemeteries, and amazing churches.


756 - Buy some books that you loved as a child.  The Nancy Drew series meant so much to me as I was growing up.  Nancy was clever, smart, and courageous.  She was a wonderful role model for me.  I found a vintage bookstore in Savannah that was delightful.  Betsy, the owner told me that one of the amazing things about the Nancy Drew series is that they were first written only ten years after women got the vote!!  If you are ever in Savannah, Georgia, find this marvelous bookstore -- Books on Bay.  They have all kinds of vintage books, but I was personally thrilled to find old friends like Nancy, and also the Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden, the Bobbsey Twins, Cherry Ames, and more!  One of my favorite bookstores ever!

757 - Buy lots of books for children, and read to them often.  Some day they will read to you!  When I worked in bookstores (I volunteer in a bookstore now), I used to tell people to buy lots of books for their children so they will love to read, which means they will do well in school, get a good education, find a great job, make lots of money and take good care of their parents and grandparents when they are old!!


758 - Be a representative of the Easter Bunny for people you love!  My daughter, Maribeth, and I have had a lot of fun over the years. hopping around town on Easter morning.  Every year I try to pick out one extra person to get an Easter surprise.  And Maribeth and I always wear bunny ears, and when we are done delivering baskets, we go through McDonald's drive thru and pass out Peeps!!


759 - Enjoy your art supplies and play with them often!!  You can invite a friend over to have some artistic fun or you can spread out lots of fun materials and dive in on your own.

760 - Take an online art class.  There are lots of classes out there, and many of them are very reasonably priced.















No comments:

Post a Comment